Hotel Consultant for hotel opening or existing operations.
Available for Pre-opening consultancy from the planning stage up to opening and positioning of the hotel, or any short term assignment to fill in the role of a vacant General Manager’s position, or hubris nemesis catharsis to assist and further develop a hotel manager and the team in their daily duties.
Pre-opening consultancy to assist assigned hotel manager and their team in the pre-opening / opening activities, for a period of approx. 6 months, or as required.
Pre-opening assignment includes:
- Prepare pre-opening budget, including the hiring schedule (by position & date).
- Work with each department to prepare a detailed critical path, up to opening date, with essay on duties and responsibilities appropriate monitoring, guidance and following up on each point, in order to reach the deadlines.
- Chair the business plan and budget committee.
- Prepare the first financial budget as of the opening date, plus 5-year forecast.
- Establish appropriate organization level chart and manning guide.
- Provide support to each department in preparing job descriptions for each position as well as to establishing standard operating procedures (SOP).
- To establish Policies & Procedures for the hotel operation.
- Comprehensive employees’ handbook to guarantee general product knowledge of each employee.
- Set up effective human resources and training department, with an intensive pre-opening training program.
- Attend relevant meetings with project consultants. To give input and comments on the back-of-the house layout and circulation to maximize efficiency and in turn to save operational costs.
- FFE/Operating Equipment (SOE) procurement, with detailed lists for each department, including uniforms.
- Review restaurant and bar concepts, including food and beverage lists, operating hours, manning, pricing structure, etc.
- Monitor correct branding and printing of all collaterals and marketing material.
- Strongly involved in the pre-opening sales and marketing activities.
Hubert Klemenz, is a Swiss national, graduated from École hôtelière de Lausanne – Hotel Management School in Lausanne, Switzerland.
He started his hotel career as a kitchen apprentices in a traditional hotel in Switzerland. Soon after left his home country of Switzerland, his extensive life of travelling began.
Hubert has worked in a wide range of countries across continents, including Switzerland, France, South Africa, Kingdom of Bahrain, Tunisia, Australia, P.R. of China, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Vietnam and Jordan.
Hubert has over 40 years of hotel management experience and has gained his years of professional experience through international hotel chains including Hilton International, Swissôtel, Sheraton, SolMelia and Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.
Hubert is also well-versed across a range of departments, including extensive know-how in food & beverage, human resources, as well as many years’ experience in the role as General Manager and Vice President Operations. He has successfully opened three international hotels in the capacity of General Manager, namely the Melia Hanoi, Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay / Jordan and Mövenpick Enshi / P.R. China. He was also part of the Brisbane Hilton opening team in the role as Food & Beverage Manager, back in 1988.
CV available on request.
Consultancy fee: negotiable and depending on the job function.
Mobile: +60 17 284 1051